A completed donation form. You can download a donation form here. This form is important as it confirms that you have donated the equipment and that we are allowed to re-purpose it and donate onward to disadvantaged young people and families.
If you know the specifications of your laptops these are our minimum requirements
(if you’re not sure, bring it along and we’ll do our best):
· 64-bit, 2 GHz, dual-core processor.
· 4 GB RAM (but 2 GB can work)
· 25 GB of hard-drive space.
· VGA capable of 1024×768 screen resolution.
· A USB port for the installer media.
We will not:
· use your details for any purpose other than proving the device was received in good faith our Data Policy can be found here
· Clean your laptop physically with alcohol gel
· Wipe all data from the laptop;
· Make sure you have any data you want on a back up before handing the device over
· If the device is an ex-corporate laptop, please make sure you have complied with your organisation’s Data Protection Policy on erasing sensitive data from the laptop before you bring it to us
· Install a new operating system if needed
· Install new software packages (Chrome, Firefox, LibreOffice, Zoom, etc)
· Distribute it to vulnerable young people and families via our trusted partners
· Please note: Laptops cannot be returned to you, they are being donated in good faith to vulnerable young people and families in and around Leicester.
Please note: Assyst Media is supporting the education of young people, we will not re-sell / lease or otherwise profit from your donated equipment.
· We cannot accept equipment that is broken or damaged, or unsafe
· We cannot accept laptops without power leads
· We cannot accept power leads that are frayed or damaged
· If you have set the BIOS password, we will need that also (this is mainly for ex-corporate laptops; if you’re not sure what a BIOS password is, you should be ok)
· We cannot accept desktops, tablets, or other items of gadgetry at this time
· Thank you so much for your support.